Principal Software Development Engineer
Location: Bellevue, WA
Type of Employment: Full-Time Permanent
Experience Required: 7-10 Years
Education Required: Bachelors
This company is looking for a Principal SDE for the strategically critical Contact Center Technologies Product development team. The Contact Center Technology (CCT) team delivers integrated software products utilized by our call center agents to assist all of this company customers and partners who look for assistance as they travel around the world. You will be a critical part of a growing team using the latest technology to improve our customer experience across voice, web, and mobile platforms, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their perfect trip. Here you will get a chance to utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to help directly drive this company's success.
As a Principal SDE on CCT team, you will work closely with Developers, Technical Product Manager and Business Owners, and get an opportunity to influence early design decisions to ensure product quality. Together with your team members, you will be responsible for quality, automation design, tool creation and harness for our features. In addition to automation, you will be responsible for working closely with the developers to understand the design, develop test plans, writing component level test cases (unit, functional, integration and performance) and executing them for some of our core next generation Agent Tools. Here you will get a chance to utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to help directly drive this company's success. Bring your creativity, break-it mentality, strong communication skills, technical abilities, and desire to be the best, and join us as we solidify our position as the leaders in online travel.
· Primary responsibilities include working with Dev/PM/Test to design and implement test and validation strategies
· Design and implement robust, scalable, and high quality Test automation suites, to improve quality and productivity of functional and regression tests
· Strong contribution to requirements gathering, specification reviews and dev design to promote quality in the early stages of the project.
· Write, execute and debug automated test cases, Trouble shoot and debug complex transaction systems
· Mentor junior members of the team
· Execute test cases, report Test execution and Defect metrics for projects with sophisticated test management tools
· Recognized as group expert of a specific feature or component and contributes this expertise to others. Detect underlying problems and patterns and looks beyond the obvious.
· Identify opportunities for process, tools and test methodology improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
· Test and maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving environment
· Contribute to continuing process improvement of quality assurance standards and procedures
· Identify opportunities for process, tools and test methodology improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
· In-depth knowledge and experience with QA and Testing, Test methodologies and how Test fits into the SDLC
· Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, along with strong coding and debugging abilities
· Proven ability to understand and translate functional requirements into working test plans and test cases for complex features
· Ability to leverage and integrate different industry-level automation frameworks/tool practices within this company's.
· Expert knowledge of test automation techniques and testing tools
· Proven ability to anticipate and identify strategic and technical issues before they become a problem
· Ability to provide strong mentorship to other testers in the organization and lead projects spanning multiple groups
· Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related field only
· 8+ years experience in software testing and/or development
· Solid design and development skills in one or all of the following Java, C#, Junit, C++ (Java preferred)
· Good understanding of object oriented programming with strong coding and debugging abilities
· Solid design and development skills in one or all of the following C++, Java, C#, Junit, CPPUnit
· Thorough understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
· Experience planning, designing, and implementing testing strategies and automation infrastructure for large scale software system. Strong knowledge of SQL, relational databases & XML preferred
· Good experience working on Windows and Java platform
· Deep knowledge of Internet technologies is required
· Prior knowledge and experience with Agile development practices preferred
· Experience testing web services is a strong plus
Up to $150K Depending on Experience
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please email resume in Word format to email@example.com.
2. Please put YOUR NAME, TITLE and LOCATION of this job in the email subject.
Thank you to all applicants! Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted and more information about the client and job will be given out at that time.
AM Solutions, LLC
US: (303) 573-6800
CAD: (416) firstname.lastname@example.org