SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-Time Permanent
The Business Analyst is involved in the analysis, design and modification of business systems and interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs. The
business analyst gathers, documents, and analyzes business needs and requirements and creates the functional design, including UI mock ups and the underlying business logic. This position requires a strong understanding and
experience with business and technology integration, business requirements definition, UML activity diagrams, requirements elicitation workshops, agile user stories and Scrum.
Product Related Competencies
- Business analysis documentation and activities for projects as appropriate
- Defines Use Cases
- Evaluate business needs, and contribute to the design and development of a business solution
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to Process Group Manager for review or approval
- Effectively applies our company methodology (Agile and Scrum) and enforces project standards.
- Prepare for user acceptance testing reviews and quality assurance procedures.
Product Related Activities
- Lead requirements gathering sessions
- Document and validate requirements with subject matter experts and drive the creation of the correct design specifications
- Conduct release planning meetings and translate outcomes into release plans/schedules and iteration plans
- Translate requirements into functional designs
- Provide input to technical design
- Coordinate the creation of test cases with Quality Assurance team
- Provide clarity to development team when required
- Act as the principal interface between the business subject matter experts and the technical team.
- Ensure all business documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Follow up with team members and stakeholders, when necessary, regarding project deliverables
- Perform formal project closure, documents lessons learned and shares the information with other groups
- Coordinate general BA related deliverables such as: o Documentation and organizational procedures o Follow up with team members to deliver on tasks based on the stakeholder expectations
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Comply with and help to standardize policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience Required
- 5+ Years experience as a Business Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology or Computer Science
- Excellent writing/oral skills
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experienced working in an Agile/Scrum environment and familiar with concepts(nice to have)
- Proven track record in requirement gathering, business analysis, and ability to deliver solutions across multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong technical background and ability to work effectively with developers and QA
- Good understanding of different software development technologies and methodologies
- Understanding of both waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good working knowledge on UML business modeling and object-orientation
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle
Commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
1. Please email resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please put your NAME, TITLE and LOCATION of this job in the email subject.
Thank you to all applicants! Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted and more information about
the client and job will be given out at that time.
AM Solutions, LLC
US: (303) 573-6800
CAD: (416) 848-7417