Tech Reporting DB
LOCATION: Salt Lake City, UT
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-Time Permanent
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This group provides world class wealth management solutions for high-net-worth individuals. This group helps clients build and preserve their financial wealth. This group provides access to innovative investments ideas and opportunities
by implementing long term asset allocation and customized investment strategies within the context of each client’s specific risk tolerance. This group offers a full array of wealth management services including private banking and trust services.
This group’s Technology Summary
- This group’s Technology supports this group’s business with efficient and innovative software tool using latest technology.
- This group’s technology enables private wealth advisors and their teams to acquire new business, advise and manage client’s assets efficiently and report client’s wealth on periodic basis. A key objective is to maximize their productivity by putting structure and automation around business processes.
- This group’s Technology is organized by functional areas. Each functional team is dedicated towards respective services offered by this group’s business. As a member of this group’s Technology you get the unique opportunity to interact with business and Operations group and learn all aspects of the middle and back office functionalities of the this group’s business. As the business continues to grow, the demand for new projects has seen an overwhelming increase.
This group’s Reporting Database Team
- This group’s Reporting DB team is responsible for designing and implementing denormalized databases to provide accurate and timely information about the assets of this group’s clients to various users including the this group’s advisors, operations, and the clients. The information includes client’s asset allocation, all trading and cash activities, P&L information and referential data like account and product attributes. Reporting DB sources this information from a GLOSS based trade processing system on a real time basis. It uses an in-house developed state of the art real time replication infrastructure. This team maintains more than a tera byte worth of information for all of this group’s clients globally.
This position is for an opening in the Reporting DB team. Some of its primary responsibilities are:
•Designs and Develops efficient and scalable applications
•Leads technology efforts for enhancing current system as well as build new tools for business
•Plans and oversees the development and support
•Coordinates technical aspects of work for the successful completion of a project
•Works with senior management of the firm and business and gathers requirements
•Communicate regularly with internal and external users
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
•Strong relational DBMS experience (prefer Sybase) including performance tuning
•Strong skills in scripting languages using Perl, Shell
•Unix Operating System experience
•Core Java, J2EE experience
•Project management skills, including planning, driving development, and consistent delivery
•Experience working with internal clients and technical teams, and gathering requirements
•Experience with line management and supporting production environments
•Experience working with complex data models and building complex queries
•Good understanding of financial markets
•Strong problem solving / analytical skills and ability to think strategically
•Strong sense of ownership, communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment
•Ability to grow into a strong team lead / mentoring role
•5-10+ years experience, $90K-$125K total comp
•If needed - will train in NYC and then work in Salt Lake
•$5K for relocation if needed
•Will start interview process on phone, then fly the candidate out to Salt Lake
•Will sponsor if need be, but must have at least 3 years left on present status
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please email resume in Word format to email@example.com.
2. Please put your NAME, TITLE and LOCATION of this job in the email subject.
Thank you to all applicants! Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted and more information about the client and job will be given out at that time.
AM Solutions, LLC
US: (303) 573-6800
CAD: (416) 848-7417