LOCATION: South Denver
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-Time Permanent
Overall responsibility for 24x7 operation of an advanced IP global network servicing the WAN and security needs of enterprise customers. Direct and build (staff, train and maintain employee skill levels) a Network Operations Center (NOC) and processes that troubleshoots, repairs, and monitors customer and network circuits and services. Requires a strategic and visionary leader who can provide informed and objective counsel to top management on business issues and will offer technical and experience-based advice to peer executives and subordinates.
Candidates must be very well rounded to provide overall leadership, direction and management to the Operations organization. You must have extensive experience with the logical configuration of Cisco routers, routing protocols (BGP and OSPF) and BGP routing configurations to other ISPs. While technical skills set is very important and an absolute requirement, the ability to be assertive and lead large groups on challenging issues projects is just as important. Will need to work issues with the NOC outside normal working hours seven days a week.
- Manages the 24x7 operation of a global network and all associated equipment to make sure that it is available for all customers.
- Must have hands-on involvement with the NOC to quickly resolve customer and network issues. Supervise the daily working of customer and network trouble tickets.
- Direct and build (staff, train, and maintain employee skill levels) a Network Operations group that troubleshoots, repairs and monitors customer and network circuits and services.
- Communicates and coordinates network maintenance and schedules.
- Coordinates installation of hardware and software by others including outside vendors.
- Monitors and maintains network stability.
- Create, maintain, and enforce all processes and procedures for the NOC group.
- Provide leadership to your team while focusing on their efforts on the corporate objectives.
- Foster teamwork across the operations, product and maintenance groups.
- Provide detailed statistics on the performance of the team and provide solutions to better their performance to the executive staff.
- Manage internal audit process to ensure compliance with all NOC processes.
- Responsible for annual operating budget development and P&L tracking.
- Provide direction and priority to the staff for development of NOC tools.
- Must have at least 5 years of operations center experience with providing enterprise customers managed WAN services (managed IP, managed router and/or managed Frame Relay services).
- Must be intimately familiar with the logical configuration of Cisco routers and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).
- Extensive technical skills (10 years) in the Internet industry and in customer service implementations, NOC, IP Operations, IP Engineering, and IP Architecture fields.
- 6-10 years management experience with a dozen direct reports including writing annual evaluations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred).
$80K-$120K depending on experience
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please email resume in Word format to email@example.com.
2. Please put YOUR NAME, TITLE and LOCATION of this job in the email subject.
Thank you to all applicants! Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted and more information about the client and job will be given out at that time.
AM Solutions, LLC
US: (303) 573-6800
CAD: (416) 848-7417